Many skin conditions such as irritation, acne, excess oil or dryness can be treated naturally with various products. If you think that a skin disorder is appearing on the face or body, it is time to ensure it carefully. One of them is with liquid glycerin, and in this article we show you how to make glycerin soap, as well as its benefits and properties.
Pay attention to the two sections because this is one of the best soaps for acne, like sulfur, and you can make them by hand. Here you will learn how to do it step by step.
What is glycerin soap for and what are its benefits?
Before knowing its preparation, it is important to be aware of all its properties:
- Hydrates in depth. Liquid glycerin is an oily natural active principle, which is frequently used in the manufacture of moisturizing cosmetics, as well as for the manufacture of industrial and household soaps. Studies show how it absorbs moisture from the outside and incorporates it into the skin.
- Provides softness. Another benefit of glycerin soap resides in its ability to provide elasticity and smoothness to the skin. When the notes are flaccid or very dry, applying it once every two days translates into a noticeable improvement, even if you have burned from excessive sun exposure.
- Emollient. Its soothing action makes it suitable for treating irritations, itching and redness caused by dryness, even a mild allergy.
More properties of liquid glycerin for acne and other skin problems
- Reduces acne. It is one of the most important properties of this soap, since it regulates sebum secretion and prevents infections that cause these annoying pimples to appear.
- In facial cleansing. Facial cleansing is essential in beauty treatments to prevent premature aging, wrinkles and signs of aging that show the passage of time.
- Regulates the pH. The pH of glycerin soap is similar to 7, that is, neutral. That is why dermatologists recommend it to anyone, be it a teenager or an adult. If you are hypersensitive, it is not a problem, but a solution.
- For hair. Many people use it to restore vitality to their hair, provide strength and hydrate it.
How to make homemade glycerin soap?
Making soaps at home is very simple and, in addition, it helps you save money while respecting the environment, since you avoid the discharge of used oils that impregnate rivers and lakes destroying the ecosystem. Below you will learn how to make homemade glycerin soap, but remember that if you have used oils it is best to spend it, never throw it away. Also prepare the essential oil to give it a touch of aroma, a perfume that denotes your personality.
Necessary ingredients and utensils
- Glycerin liquid or to melt.
- Distilled water.
- Coloring if you want to give it color.
- Flavoring essential oil (lavender, chamomile, green tea flower).
- Other active ingredients (aloe vera, calendula).
Step by step procedure
- If the glycerin comes in a tablet, melt it in a double boiler or microwave. Depending on the device you use, you will need a specific container material.
- If, on the other hand, the glycerin is liquid, you will have to heat distilled water in the soap making to a boil point. Then add it and wait for it to thicken a bit. The proportion can be seen by eye or in the indications on the label, since each manufacturer uses different formulations.
- Once you have the above, remember to stir the mixture slowly and constantly to avoid the generation of bubbles. The ideal is to always do it in the same direction.
- It is time to add the active ingredients, coloring, preservative and essential oils you want to personalize your soap.
- Finish removing everything.
- Pour the homemade product into a mold or a wooden, plastic or silicone container. A trick to make them peel off later is to soak the edges in oil.
- Wait a couple of days for the saponification to take place and the glycerin to dry.
- It’s ready!