Applying collagen on the skin is a guarantee of anti-aging and facial rejuvenation effect. If you apply a hydrolyzed collagen mask to your face, it will penetrate properly through the skin and you will be able to increase elasticity and turgor, thus reducing wrinkles that appear with advancing age.
In this article you will learn in detail how to make this homemade collagen-based mask, which can also be combined with elastin and achieve greater benefits. First we will explain the ingredients you need for its preparation, followed by the procedure and, finally, we will review the properties of this fibrous protein.
How to make a homemade collagen skin mask?
First of all, you need the ingredients. A good strategy is based on avoiding the use of liquid collagen, since they are molecules that do not cross membranes due to their large size. Instead, you can use compounds, such as manuka honey (note the properties of manuka honey ), which promote the production of the compound.
Numerous studies have been carried out on manuka honey and it has been found that its absorption is effective, hydrates cells and has antiseptic capabilities. The other ingredient that you can buy are hydrolyzed collagen and elastin pills, since their penetration rate into the dermis is much higher.
Therefore, you should apply the collagen mask a couple of times a week in the shower, or better when you bathe, because you must let it act for at least 15 minutes for the reduction of wrinkles to be effective.
With that said, follow the procedure below.
- When entering the shower, moisten your face and hands.
- Apply manuka honey all over your face, neck, or other part of the body.
- Add a few drops of hydrolyzed collagen and massage to mix it with the honey.
- Wait a quarter of an hour for the mask to take effect on the face.
- Remove with lukewarm water.
- To notice the results sooner, first do a facial cleansing. Sometimes, the reason that home treatments do not work is that our skin is full of impurities and the product does not penetrate properly.
Additional information on collagen and its benefits
Collagen is a protein molecule present in animals. They are produced mainly in connective tissue cells. The skin is formed mainly by this protein and it comprises more than a quarter of the total of all the protein molecules of the human being. It is also found in the bones.
Some characteristics of collagen fibers are:
- They are resistant to traction.
- It forms gelatin from its denaturation by high temperatures and subsequent cooling.
- It is made up of alpha chains of tripeptides, which are linked by hydrogen bonds. When three chains of tripeptides join together, procollagen is formed, and later tropocollagen. For more information on the collagen synthesis process, we advise you to read Wikipedia.
There are also other ways to take advantage of these pills, you can integrate them into any other anti-aging mask such as cucumber, tomato, lemon or avocado. In addition, we advise you to pour a capsule with vitamin E to enhance its antioxidant properties.