Who does not think of cucumber slices over the eyes when it comes to a home beauty treatment? They are one of the natural solutions for dark circles and in the care of the face par excellence. This is due to the properties of the vegetable, which are very beneficial in maintaining the youth of the skin and reducing deep wrinkles. Therefore, in this article we will teach you how to make cucumber masks. It is very easy and cheap!
Here you will learn what this mask is for, how to use it for acne, regulate oily skin and we will give you a little trick to increase its effectiveness by combining it with other ingredients such as honey, lemon or yogurt. And it is not only good for the face, but also for the hair.
What is cucumber good for and what are its benefits?
- As we said, cucumber is a plant that is widely used in beauty, especially due to the presence of vitamin E in its composition. It also contains essential fatty acids, which hydrate the skin in depth and maintain the integrity of the cell, preserving its membrane. This cucurbit preserves the smoothness of the face, repairs the damaged parts of the skin due to inclement weather (pollution, solar radiation…). Other of its properties: They fight wrinkles and the signs of premature aging thanks to the antioxidant property of vitamin E. Therefore, the constant application of a mask delays their appearance.
- It diminishes acne marks, as well as scars and burns.
- Relieves redness, especially when applied out of the fridge.
- It has anti-inflammatory
Next we will teach you how to prepare different cucumber masks depending on your needs. All of them can be done at home in a very simple way, and they will not cost you any money.
Homemade cucumber and lemon mask for acne or oily skin
Acne can be solved with homemade and natural products for oily skin. Achieving it is not a complicated task: you simply need an active principle that regulates sebum secretion and another that disinfects the dermis. If what you want is to perform a deep facial cleansing, as well as eliminate pimples caused by acne infection and remove impurities from the skin, try the cucumber mask that we propose below.
- Half peeled cucumber.
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice. Also serves apple cider vinegar.
- 5 drops of rosehip oil.
- With a mixer, add all the ingredients.
- Grind them first at slow speed, and 10 seconds at full power.
- When a homogeneous mixture has formed, apply to the face without touching the eyes or eyelashes.
- Wait 25-35 minutes.
- Remove with plenty of water.
In the end, you will notice that the face is soft, hydrated and, with a constant use of two days a week, you will notice a younger face, free of impurities and with less acne. Of course, before starting a treatment, we advise you to consult a dermatologist.
How to make a cucumber and honey mask for wrinkles?
Drier skin can also benefit from the Cucumis sativus plant with a natural mask. One of its best qualities is the ability to hydrate the skin. When combined with honey, this benefit is multiplied. Additionally, depending on the dryness of the skin, you can add other compounds such as olive oil, aloe vera or argan oil. This way you will take advantage of the vitamins C and E of the oil extracts, so important to avoid cellular stress and its consequent senescence.
- Half a cucumber.
- Two tablespoons of your favorite oil.
- Honey: tablespoon.
- Other ingredients: half natural yogurt, aloe vera…
- Two drops of an essential oil to give the mask personality.
- Put all the ingredients you have chosen in the blender.
- Beat well until a homogeneous dough forms.
- To give it smoothness you can strain it.
- Apply for 25-35 minutes all over the face, without touching the eye contour.
- Remove the cucumber and honey mask with plenty of water.
Carrying out this treatment, the result is: fewer wrinkles, smoother skin and nourishing the face.
What other ingredients can I use in the face mask?
There are endless natural and homemade products that you can integrate into cucumber masks. You simply have to choose the one that suits you best based on your needs. Other variants of the mask contain apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, egg, only egg yolk… Thus, this fantastic home remedy will adapt to your skin type (dry, oily, combination, sensitive). For example, if you have a lot of blackheads, it is advisable to use clay. In another post we develop how it is done for the hair, but it also works on the face.