Maybe it has not occurred to you before, but it is not necessary to spend a lot of money to take care of your hair and skin, since at home we have many highly beneficial products, full of properties and nutrients. That is, although we use them in the kitchen, we can incorporate them into our beauty treatments by making creams and masks.
In this article we will tell you how to make a homemade and natural mayonnaise mask for hair and face. All this in a few simple steps. In addition, you will learn what it is for, what its benefits are and how to apply it correctly.
What are the benefits of mayonnaise on hair?
If you wonder what the mayonnaise mask is for, you should not close yourself only to gastronomy. As we said, this ingredient has properties that you can take advantage of in your hair treatments, especially if you suffer from dry hair, since it is a greasy product and its main function is hydration. Normally, the main problem in the hair is the lack of water and vitamins, so the combination of oil with vinegar and egg is perfect to make up for this deficiency. In summary, its benefits are:
- Provides softness and shine.
- De-frizzes the hair. Its oily texture not only softens, but also undoes hair tangles with extreme ease. It is one of the best conditioners out there.
- Reduces dandruff levels.
- Hydration and repair. As we explained, the hair mayonnaise mask provides hydration thanks to the healthy fats in olive oil, which preserve the plasma membranes of the cells.
- Repairs damaged ends and hair loss. This is due to the vitamins that the oil contains, as well as the proteins in the egg. It is an anti-aging homemade recipe without equal, so that you will never have it dull or mistreated again.
- Volume restoration.
Once the properties of this emulsified sauce are known, let’s see what is the recipe to make it in a few minutes?
Homemade mayonnaise recipe for hair
First, you need to prepare the ingredients to make the mayonnaise, as well as the kitchen utensils you will need.
- One whole egg.
- White vinegar (do you know the properties of white vinegar?).
- Olive oil. If you do not have it, you can substitute sunflower oil, but it is less nutritious.
- A mixer (better than a blender).
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil: rosemary, chamomile, lavender.
How to make the hair mask step by step
- In a tall bowl where the mixer will fit, add the egg, a splash of vinegar and 4 fingers of olive oil. With this amount you will have enough for long hair. However, you will discover the optimal amount as you make the mask other times.
- Put the mixer on the base of the bowl. It is very important that, for the ingredients to emulsify, you keep it supported on the base.
- Turn it on at full power, and you will see how the mayonnaise begins to form.
- As it is produced, raise the mixer little by little, until all the oil is mixed.
- Once you have the cold emulsion, moisten your hair(without being wet), both the scalp and the ends.
- Apply the mask all over the head, and wrap it with a towel so that no product falls off. This trick is important to conserve moisture.
- Let it work for 25-30 minutes.
- Get in the shower, and wash well with your usual shampoo to remove the excess mayonnaise.
- Dry with a clean towel.
- If you have very dry hair, apply it a couple of times a week.