Today we bring you endless homemade face scrubs, made with natural ingredients and very easy to prepare. Choose the one that best suits your skin.
It is not necessary to empty your purse buying creams and industrial cosmetics. With a few ingredients that you have at home, it is enough to take care of the skin and keep it healthy and smooth. In this article we show you how to make totally homemade and natural exfoliating masks for the face. In addition, you can not only use them as a facial product, but also for body care.
The best homemade scrub recipes for the face
Do not go to the supermarket to buy the necessary ingredients to make these exfoliating masks, since they are elements that you will normally have in your pantry and the refrigerator (unless you have run out of anything!). As we teach you several recipes, choose one that suits your skin and have all the ingredients at home.
Sugar scrub for face
You can’t possibly not have sugar on hand! Although for health reasons it is recommended to avoid it in drinks and infusions, refined sugar is ideal in the preparation of natural facial scrubs.
- Sugar: 2 tablespoons.
- Extra virgin olive oil: 3 tablespoons. You can also use sweet almonds or another specific one for baby care.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Mix the ingredients until the mask forms.
- Apply it by gently massaging with the fingertips.
- Remove with plenty of warm water.
- Repeat the treatment once a week.
Apart from using it on the face, it also works for the body. In this case, rub well in the areas where more dead cells have accumulated. Once you’re done, shower with lukewarm water, pat dry with a clean towel, and apply a body moisturizer. Remember that it is not the best option if you have very sensitive skin.
Homemade lemon scrub
Before learning how to prepare the mask, it is important that you know some details about the use of lemon in cosmetics. Despite its great exfoliating and regulating benefits for oily skin, if you don’t use it properly you can experience some adverse effects.
Therefore, it is very important that you use lemon at night, and never expose your skin to the sun without having washed well, especially on sunny days and in summer.
With that said, we show you how to make a homemade lemon scrub. First gather the following products:
- Sugar: two tablespoons.
- Half lemon.
- Dampen your face with water.
- Extract the juice from half a lemon and mix it with the sugar.
- Rub well, insisting on acne pimples or oilier areas.
- Rinse with plenty of water and try not to leave a trace of lemon, especially if you have white or sensitive skin.
Banana scrub for the face
If the bananas you have in the kitchen have overripe you, it’s time to make a homemade exfoliating mask with them. Of course… do not eat it! This fruit hydrates the skin and provides it with vitamins that delay aging, but it also has a softening action and gives it a perfect touch of shine.
How do you prepare this facial scrub? First gather the ingredients:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 large tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Mash the banana until it is a paste.
- Add the honey and sugar, and stir until it is a doughy consistency.
- Spread over the face avoiding the eye contour area. You can also apply it to the body.
- Remove with plenty of warm water. If you want to substitute sugar, another very interesting product is Epsom salts.
Exfoliating coffee mask
Coffee grounds are very beneficial when applied topically. In fact, caffeine is widely used to eliminate cellulite, as well as to remove the layers of dead cells through exfoliation and remove the accumulation of dirt as a result of inclement weather, sweat and pollution.
The ingredients you need in this case are:
- Coffee grounds.
- Aloe vera gel.
- Mix both ingredients.
- Apply using gentle circular massages on the face or body.
- Another way to use used coffee is by taking a bath and massaging directly. Of course, after the shower apply a nourishing cream.
Oatmeal and yogurt scrub
Especially if you have little ones at home, they are ingredients that should always be in your pantry. And since you are, as oat flakes serve to exfoliate the skin, you can make a natural mask with this food.
Gather the following:
- 3 large tablespoons of ground oatmeal.
- 1 natural yogurt.
- 1 spoon of sugar.
- Mix everything and apply by massaging the area gently, with circular movements.
- Remove the excess with warm water and use a moisturizer that you have at home to moisturize the face.
- Your skin will look flake-free and much smoother and younger as the weeks go by!
Homemade green clay scrub
Green clay is the softest of all compared to white and red. You will not notice almost damage due to its fineness, however it only acts on the outermost layers, on the epidermis, and if you do not combine it with other ingredients, you will not hydrate the face properly.
Among its properties we have that it is extremely purifying and detoxifying, it removes dead outer cells very well. It is also healing. The best ingredients to combine are calendula or almond oil. Remember to moisturize after treatment and rinse without soap.