The Vaseline is an ointment with dozens of applications, ranging from relieve redness after waxing, to skin hydration and increase the duration of your perfume.
Vaseline is a petroleum derivative with emollient, soothing and highly hydrating properties. Also called “petroleum jelly”, it is odorless and has a very creamy texture. Today we show you all the uses of Vaseline in beauty and what benefits it brings to health. You will be amazed with the results!
What is liquid Vaseline for? All its uses
Although it may leave a sticky feeling at first, your skin will feel silky smooth later. Let’s take a look at each of its properties, ranging from aiding wound healing to fixing a lock.
Health and beauty benefits
- For the eyelashes. To deeply hydrate your lashes and stimulate their growth, spread a layer of Vaseline every night. It also works as a substitute for glue if you apply a little to the base of the eyelash.
- For the feet. To make your feet soft, all you have to do is massage with a little petroleum jelly, put on some socks and leave it on overnight. The next day, you will be amazed at the changes in the dermis!
- In joints. Often times, joints such as elbows and knees suffer from supporting themselves, drying out and looking ugly. Petroleum jelly improves its appearance and whitish color, as well as relieves roughness.
- Who doesn’t get cut lips in winter? Petroleum jelly is an excellent natural remedy for hydrating lips, preventing chapping, and giving them shine. In addition, you can prepare the glitter at home; Melt the petroleum jelly, mix it with an ingredient such as chocolate and wait for it to cool, so it will give it a very pleasant chocolate flavor.
- Moisturizer. Dry skin benefits the most from this plant extract, but it is recommended to combine it with other products such as aloe vera to enhance its benefits.
- Desmaquillante. Alcohol causes dryness, so Vaseline is best, as it also moistens and removes makeup easily. Similarly, makeup stains left on clothing can be removed with a small amount of the viscous liquid by rubbing and rinsing with water.
- Promotes healing. If you fall off a bike or after surgery, it helps to reduce the size of scars thanks to its regenerative properties.
- To combat dandruff, rub in well with petroleum jelly to reduce the itchiness. Remove the excess with your usual shampoo.
- Relieves redness caused after waxing, prevents the formation of pimples and reduces the itchiness of irritation.
- Exfoliant. Prepare a mask with a little liquid petroleum jelly and sugar to naturally exfoliate the part of the body that you want to soften, be it hands, face or lips. Apply by massaging gently and remove with warm water. To finish, soothe the dermis with almond oil.
- For hands and nails. These two are the ones that work the most throughout the day and come into contact with substances that alter and peel them. With a petroleum jelly-based cream we solve many problems of the hands and nail cuticles.
- Hair dye. If you spread it on the skin near the scalp, it creates a layer that protects it against dyes. Also, this way you won’t get stained.
- As a massage ointment, since its unctuous texture produces pleasure when spread over the body, while providing softness after treatment.
- For the eyebrows. Apply some petroleum jelly to set them in place.
Other properties of Vaseline
- It lengthens the duration of a perfume if a small layer is first deposited on the neck or the area to be applied.
- In tattoos, petroleum jelly helps to preserve color in addition to promoting wound healing, providing hydration and softness to the tattooed area.
- Clean clothes from makeup stains. Rub pure petroleum jelly on the stain and rinse with lukewarm water.
- To give shine to leather clothes. It is useful both for leather jackets and for shoes, sneakers and bags. Apply, let it penetrate and your garment will be shiny.
The most common of all is the refined one, which you will see in lubricants and cosmetic products, but there are many types that differ in terms of composition.
Origin and characteristics of Vaseline
The benefits of Vaseline in the world of aesthetics are innumerable, we all know them. However, many do not know what its origin is. It is neither more nor less than one of the most popular petroleum derivatives today. Its manufacture is based on subjecting it to steam with subsequent filtration. The fossils have given us this delicacy purified from its semisolid hydrocarbons.
At first glance, it may seem strange to use a petroleum derivative for therapeutic or cosmetic purposes, but its hygroscopic and protective properties have made it one of the most popular remedies for dryness. In addition, it is totally harmless and does not endanger health.
Dermis care is the main use that is given to pure Vaseline, both on the skin of the face and on the body or lips. At the same time, manufacturers of creams and ointments integrate it into their natural composition to hydrate the deeper layers, as an emollient and to protect the skin from incidents of weather, heat and cold.
Women and men can benefit from this beauty product. In addition, another advantage is its low purchase cost, since it is much cheaper than traditional cosmetics.
Where to buy and at what price?
You can buy solid or liquid petroleum jelly in pharmacies and parapharmacies, or in supermarkets, although it will be of lower quality. Some specialized health and beauty centers also sell it.