Aspirin is an excellent remedy for exfoliating dead cells and promoting the proliferation of new layers of the skin. Of course, be careful if you have a sensitive dermis.
This analgesic has properties of great notoriety in health, but also in the world of beauty and for acne. Therefore, in this article we tell you what the aspirin mask is for and how to make it with other ingredients such as honey, bicarbonate or lemon.
In addition, you will also know several of its benefits that make it work on the skin, fighting pimples and purifying the dermis, being a great remedy for blemishes on the face. However, if your skin is very sensitive you should not apply it every day. Why? Keep reading.
What is aspirin for and what are its benefits?
Aspirin has become one of the most popular drugs of all time, a pain reliever that reduces body temperature (antipyretic), reduces headaches and other parts of the body, is antiplatelet and anti-inflammatory. Its active principle is acetylsalicylic acid, which Bayer marketed under the name that we all know today. However, these properties do not extend only to health, but can be implemented in beauty treatments that, together with other natural assets such as honey, becomes effective in certain aspects:
- Eliminates impurities from the face. The aspirin mask has an exfoliating effect that removes dead cells from the face, allowing the proliferation of new epidermal layers, which translates into younger and smoother skin. Ideal for facial cleansing treatments.
- Combat light stains. Although it does not work for everyone, it matches the tone of the stain with that of the face, giving a youthful appearance.
- For acne. Its anti-inflammatory action contributes to the reduction of skin infection and pimples caused by acne, a skin condition that arises as a result of excess sebum secretion and poor facial skin care.
- It is rich in beta-hydroxy acid, a molecule that cleanses impurities and is widely used in the production of cosmetics.
- Healing, to relieve the marks left by pimples after a treatment or from small wounds and injuries.
Here we present different home remedies in which you can use Aspirin for aesthetic purposes.
How to make an exfoliating aspirin mask?
It is the simplest mask to prepare to take care of the skin. It is made to exfoliate, to get rid of the irregularities of the epidermis and achieve a unique texture. In addition, it closes pores and regulates facial fat, promoting the disappearance of blackheads that are so damaging to our beauty.
The necessary ingredients are:
- Natural mineral water: a couple of tablespoons.
- A couple of aspirin.
Making the mask:
- Put the fizzy aspirin in a spoon and crush it with another.
- Add them to the water and stir well until a homogeneous mixture is left.
- Before applying, clean the face to remove a first part of the impurities.
- Spread the aspirin mask over the face, avoiding the eye contour area.
- Massage with your fingertips to enhance its effect.
- Wait for it to act for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove with plenty of warm water.
- If your skin is very sensitive, do not use this home remedy more than once a week. On the other hand, if you have oily or combination skin, you can try it two days a week.
Have you tried aspirin, honey and lemon acne masks?
Acne and scars can be remedied with homemade products that reduce the levels of oil on the face and facilitate skin regeneration. Honey and lemon, as well as aspirin, meet these requirements and even in some cases are useful for stains.
Lemon has antibacterial properties, effectively cleanses impurities and disinfects pimples caused by acne, even the most persistent ones. For its part, honey provides hydration and vitamins that nourish skin cells, provide an anti-aging effect and reduce wrinkles.
- A couple of tablespoons of lemon juice.
- A tablespoon of honey.
- Two or three aspirins.
- Optional: 15 grams of natural yogurt.
Step-by-step mask preparation mode:
- Get rid of the aspirin as explained above.
- Add them to a cup along with the lemon juice and honey.
- Mix everything until it is a homogeneous mixture.
- Clean the skin prior to application.
- Spread with gentle circular massages with the fingertips. Avoid the eye contour.
- Wait for 5-6 minutes to act.
Preparation of this mask with yogurt or bicarbonate
If you like the texture of yogurt or the benefits of bicarbonate, you can implement them in this natural mask, as they increase its effectiveness as a peel and dermal conditions are more effectively fought. Yogurt hydrates dry skin, just like honey, while baking soda provides anti-aging properties and gives your skin a radiant touch.
From Argan Oil Web we recommend you visit a dermatologist before and after starting an aspirin treatment.